The title of this post should be An Asian Veggie and Quinoa Bowl Chock Full of Intensely Flavorful Awesomeness! Because believe me when I say that’s exactly how the recipe turned out. Spicy steak seasoning, sweet tangy raspberry jam, creamy coconut lemongrass quinoa, savory broccoli, carrots, baby cob corn, and sweet peppers all blended together in a delicious way! Inspiration for this delightful meal came from fellow Kansas City blogger, Kasim Hardaway. His food creations on A Journey in Colour are wonderful local masterpieces.
Recently I came across his Pomegranate, Mint, Tomato Salad just in time for the new Spring season. It looked too yummy not to try. However, per my usual, the list of ingredients slowly morphed into a completely different dish as I walked up and down the aisles. Someday, I’m going to stick to a recipe. I just get so much fun out of experimenting with food. But I did manage to stay with the theme of Spring flavors. Here’s my recipe for Spicy Raspberry Jam Glazed Shrimp in a Spring Inspired Asian Veggie and Quinoa Bowl. Sidenote: I shopped for ingredients at Aldi but I’ll add links to similar items from my favorite online grocer, Thrive Market. The links are sponsored which means I will receive a commission for any purchases made through them. I recommend purchasing the vegetables and shrimp from your local city market. Which I would have if this hadn’t been a last-minute dinner decision. Hope you enjoy it!
Spicy Raspberry Jam Glazed Shrimp in a Spring Inspired Asian Veggie and Quinoa Bowl
- Stonemill Essentials Steak Seasoning
- Simply Nature Mediterranean Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Specially Selected Premium Raspberry Fruit Spread
- Sea Queen Medium Raw Shrimp
- Earthly Grains Coconut-Chili-Lemongrass Quinoa Blend
- Season’s Choice Steamed Asian Seasoned Vegetable Medley
- Red, Yellow, or Orange Bell Pepper (optional)
Important: If you’re a foodie like me and take photos as you cook, be sure to throughly wash your hands between steps!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Begin preparation of quinoa according to directions.
3. While quinoa is starting to boil, remove shells from shrimp. Set aside in bowl.
4. Combine 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon raspberry jam, and 1 tablespoon steak seasoning.
5. Prepare vegetables according to directions.
6. While vegetables are cooking, coat shrimp with mixture. Place shrimp in single layer on baking sheet. Heat in oven for 4-5 minutes.
7. Mix 1 more tablespoon each of extra virgin olive oil, raspberry jam, and steak seasoning. Brush on shrimp. Broil for 1 minute.
8. Add bell pepper to quinoa, if desired.
9. Layer quinoa, vegetables, and shrimp in bowl. Be creative! Make it pretty like all the other fancy “bowls” you drool over.
Here’s the list of similar ingredients you can find on Thrive Market:
- Spice Cave Wind Spice Blend Herbaceous Poultry Seasoning
- Eden Foods Seaweed Gomasio (Sesame Salt) Condiment (seasoning for vegetables)
- California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- St. Dalfour Red Raspberry Conserves
- Lundberg Farms Organic Sprouted Toasted Coconut Rice
If you like my Spicy Raspberry Jam Glazed Shrimp in a Spring Inspired Asian Veggie and Quinoa Bowl share it with your family and friends. Did you make the recipe? Post a pic with the hashtag #mycityadventures. I’ll be sure to feature it. As always, thank you for reading!